Life of LAB: Throw Up

Originally published at www.road2wholeness.com on 11/24/2017

Welcome back to The Road2Wholeness Blog!  Thank you for taking the read today.  We’re continuing in the Life of LAB series.  This is the fourth of seven quick labs.  Today’s lab is “Throw Up”.  Let’s go right away to scripture.

Jonah 2:5-6 reads, “The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head.  To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever.  But you, Lord my God, brought my life up from the pit.”

Well we’ve all probably thrown up before, but have you ever been thrown up?  Have you ever been completely spat out?  Between every level of faith there are guts.  We are ejected from one level of faith into the other not by happenstance, but by guts.  Sometime even with all our guts in place, we still need an extra push.  Have you ever found yourself stuck between dimensions of faith?  If you have, then you know that life itself will help to push you through.  It’s the throw up.  It’s the moment your current life and environment says, move.  Sometimes it’s even the moment God says move, and he will direct our lives to throw up.

Stuck between dimensions of faith is no fun.  It’s no place to hang out, but the fight to have some of what we know go with us, keeps us in between.  Although we know these different levels of faith cannot live together; we still try and so we hang out in the belly between dimensions.  Surrounded by guts we long to be somewhere else, and still we hide out in between. 

Today’s lab is a very quick lab.  It’s a gut check.  It’s time to look around.  What is your surroundings saying to you?  Is it contracting?  Is it trying to throw you up?  And if it is, what do you do next?

If you’ve been in the belly between dimensions of faith before, then you know you cannot live there for extended periods of time.  The conditions are simply not suitable.  Yet, God keeps us in the belly long enough to show us why we must leave it all behind.  And so the gap becomes like Jonah described.  It becomes a pit.  It becomes a pit only God can pull us up from, and when He does, we are born into a new dimension of faith.  We see God in new ways.  We hear His voice in new ways.  We see His deliverance in new ways, and we accept His guidance in new ways.  So if you’re done assessing your surroundings, and you know that you’re in the belly between dimensions of faith.  Join me.  I am too, and I’m about to be thrown up.  No, I don’t know your level, and I can’t assist in the process.  It’s all spiritual you see.  But I can share with you my deliverance, and you can share your deliverance.  And when we do, people will know that there is life after the pit. 


So my encouragement to you today, is allow!  Close your eyes, and let God be your guide.   I promise, just as Jonah does… “The Lord our God will bring us up from the pit.”


Remember to go within that you may never go without.  The God within you awaits you.  Until our paths collide again, I wish you... Peace, Love, Life, and Complete Wholeness in Christ.


In Service,


NaTisha Renee Williams

Comments