Children of The Word: The ReWIRED Life, Pt. 3

Originally published at road2wholeness.com on 9/30/16

Welcome back!  Thank you for taking the read today and another stroll with The Road2Wholeness Blog.

Today I continue with a powerful revelation about The Word of God and “Children of the Word” (children who hear and absorb the Word of God).  This was not exactly part of my initial direction for the series but as always, I open myself to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  Picking up where I left off on the last blog, speaking about The Spirit of God on the inside of us, I will be revisiting and using the scripture that reads, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” .
I should begin by saying that, I acknowledge that there are people engaged in casual and careless sexual activities that are not strongly convicted by the Holy Spirit of any wrong doing.  For me however, another reason I felt a strong grief about the matter was because I had the Living Word of God on the inside of me.   
As a child, growing up for a large part in my paternal grandmother’s home, I was saturated with Christian faith and many of the religious traditions that came as a part of that faith.  Most times I sat in church thinking about what we were going to have for lunch or just looking around curiously.  There were many things that I didn’t understand, but there never seemed to be a moment or setting where questions could be asked or would be answered.  Aside from that, I felt a strong sense of fear surrounding my grandmother’s faith, so much so, that I inherited the fear.  For me, that fear eventually created a distance from God that opened the way for deception.  I never understood that the actions related to my grandmother's faith were governed and driven by her personal relationship with God.  Instead, what I understood and perceived was, that there was some law that said, this is the way you live specifically, and these are the things you do specifically, lest you be disowned by God or worse; you be killed. 
Somehow the elders of the faith forgot about the sacrifice of Jesus.  Perhaps they thought the gift of His sacrifice, afforded us too much forgiveness, grace, and mercy.  And perhaps they couldn’t understand how to govern the youth with the truth of forgiveness, grace, and mercy so they constantly returned to relying on the old covenant to administer discipline.  The result was that we heard more about God's anger than God's love.  The constant toggling between the new and the old covenant caused many of us children (particularly adolescent and teens) to be confused about were we stood with God.  We got the cutesy songs as young children, about how much Jesus loved us, but has we grew older, we had no understanding of the real purpose of His life.  Not to mention, so much focus was placed on being saved and none was placed on getting to know Jesus; the man and the ministry.  What was He trying to show us?  What did He want us to know about God the Father?  What was the one thing He was referring to when He told Martha, “…Only one thing is needed”?  Consequently many were saved but remained wounded because salvation was used as a band-aid and the works of the Christian faith stayed directed outwardly as a show of good deeds and was hardly ever used for the healing of emotional wounds.  As a result many of us children could not reconcile the gap between the religious activities and beliefs, and the dysfunctions that were still very present in our homes.  Yet I forgive the elders.  Unfortunately many of them were also confused, too afraid to ask, and may have even accepted a handed-down faith rather than a one-on-one relationship with God.  All this to say, that such practices left many of God’s children alienated and running from Him, but for “Children of The Word” (children who hear and absorb the Word of God) there is really no running away from God.
How so? One might ask.
Well recall the scripture I opened up with and also used in the last blog; “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”   Witness the relationship God has with His Word.  Yes, they’re one and the same.  Therefore, I’m not only of God through the mere principle of creation, but God who is one with His Word, also actively lives in me, through His Word which was imparted to me.  You see God didn't need me (the thinking; reasoning part of me) to acknowledge the Word I was exposed to as a child, because the part of me that was pure spirit, recognized it and accepted it on my behalf.   
Here's another truth about the Word of God.  Scripture also says, “the Word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit…., discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” 
Most Christians apply this scripture to people around them or events outside of them, but I believe most scripture is meant for self-government and less for people government.  I therefore apply this scripture to myself and can clearly see how the active, living, Word of God in me was working to make me look closer at my actions, my intentions, and was constantly working to divide the entanglement between my soul wounds and the purity of my spirit.  Therefore, even when I thought I was lost; I was never quite out of God's sight.  Ultimately, God continued to call out to me and make me aware of my infractions.  
So what is the real take away here?  For me, it’s the idea that where we plant the Word, God is there also and that’s a powerful realization for me.  I now look forward to planting the Word of God in my children’s hearts to affirm their lives, build their faith, and to ensure that they will recognize the voice of God.  Because "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing comes by the Word of God."  So thank God and thank God for my grandmother that I heard the Word of God, which made me sensitive to the Spirit of God, and ultimately, saved my life.
In the next two blogs, I’ll be writing about breaking free of dead weight and ironically it’s not the weight of people I’m referring to, but ultimately the great weight of lies I had to off load and how my return to God administered the process.   Thanks for walking with me! Hope this series is building you up as it is most certainly building me up!!
Remember to go within, that you may never go without.  The God within you awaits you.  Until our paths collide again, I wish you… Peace, Love, Life, and Harmony!

In Service,
 
NaTisha Renee Williams
The “Emotional Life” Coach


Comments