Bypass: Blog 1

Click the Image for a Clear View.  Downloadable for Sharing.


Welcome to The Road2Wholeness Blog!


It's Summer, and you've joined us here for another July blog series.  This year we endeavor to speak to the covenant of the New Testament Bible through "Bypass".  We thank you greatly for taking the stroll with us today!

I begin with the general cause for the Bypass blog series.  It appears there is a draw for some to continue to enforce fear and confusion among the bride (which is the church) while in waiting for the return of the bridegroom (which is our Lord).  I should start with my best question.

My best question as I embark on this series then is, "Why would God court the believer only to make as if we're just an unknown?"  The problem with the old question of "What are you going to say when you get to the gates of heaven?" is that it has been dispelled largely simply by reading the word of God.  It is clear in the New Testament and at the end of the Gospels that Jesus has made a great call towards humanity, and has reckoned that we do know how to complete the task He has called us to.

I begin with, John 14:1-6.

Jesus says, "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  You believe in God, believe in me also.  My Father's house has many rooms, if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"  Verse 4: "You know the way to the place where I am going."  Verse 6: "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me..  From now on, you have seen him."

Therefore, let's begin Bypass with "Father Complex".  The first of a 3-part series.


In the above question by our Lord, we get the official sound and tone of the bridegroom.  He leaves us with this compelling evidence of how close we art to be to His words, and how we should hold it up.  Listen again, "If that were not so, would I have told you..."

This language and choice words is the setting for our understanding as well as the texture of the relationship.  In other words.. "Did you not hear?"  "Did I not say."  "Why then did I say..."  All of these sentence starters are in line with how we are to approach our understanding of the New Testament Covenant.

With that, we build our reliance on the Father and the bridegroom.  We do not anticipate what has not been promised.  We do not add words.  We do not subtract words.  We listen and we hold fast.

There are three ways that Jesus can be seen in the scriptures that I've selected for this series.  In this first blog, we look at the Father Complex.
  
Let's go to Matthew 7:9-11.  
Jesus said and it reads, 
"Which of you, if your son ask for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?  If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts...!"

Two breaths later Jesus goes on to say, "Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction."

Can you see that the words, 'From now on, you have seen him' is a narrow gate?  What about John 3:16?  Can you see that that's also a narrow gate?

Essentially, when we broaden the meaning of Jesus' words by adding and including elements that are not founded in his promise, we create a continuous stumbling block for the bride.  

Coming up next in Bypass, we look at Jesus as Justice; the ultimate gate.


Remember to go within that you may never go without.  The God within you awaits you.  Until our paths collide again, I wish you.. Peace, Love, Light, and complete wholeness in Christ.


Sincerely,


The Road2Wholeness Blog


   


 

Comments

Popular Posts