The Three Intra-Personal Loves

Originally published at road2wholeness.com on 3/23/16

Welcome to the New Blog and the first in a series of foundation establishing blogs.  As a teacher at heart, I am really inspired to share the principles I have used to establish wholeness in my life.  I believe wholeness to be the ultimate state of being and state of consciousness.  Wholeness reflects authentic love, peace, and pride.  Today, I would like to look at the three intrapersonal loves; intrapersonal meaning within an individual.  Those three inward loves are Self-Love, Source-Love, and Loving Emotions.  I believe that in order to really establish wholeness that we must look at these loves and understand their roles. 


A lot of people either toss around the term self-love loosely giving hardly any thought to it beyond the basic levels of self-care or they link the idea to someone being really vain.  Often times people measure self-love in looking at the general way someone carries their self with no real regard for how they may actually relate to, think of, and see their self.  However, those are the things that ultimately make up our self-love and no matter how we dress them, they play out in our lives sometime subtly and other times loudly.


I talk a lot about self-love because it's an area where I had to do the most work.  I would never want to take the glory from the grace of God but I surely had to build my self-love from scratch and that work didn't begin until I was about twenty-one years old.  I'm not done working in that area but it is truly something tangible as it stands right now and I'll be continuing to break down self-love as time goes on.  Right now however, I just want to clarify why I still feel it's everything. 


I often think about two scriptures. The first scripture says, "Whoever claims to love God and yet hates his brother or sister is a liar."  The second scripture says, "Love your Neighbor as yourself."  With that, I place Self-Love very high because it then becomes the governing love for how you will treat others and based on the first scripture, God is judging you based on the love you have for your fellow man over the love you claim you have for Him. 


And so, I continue to say... "Love Yourself First".  That being said, I believe that God's Love in creating us should be the basis for our self-love.  Therefore I love myself because I trust in the Divine design that I am.  I honor God when I look at what he created and say "yes.  It is very good!"  Looking at God's Divine Hand as the basis for our self-love ensures that how we relate to, think of, and see ourselves will be rooted in authentic love, peace, and pride.  (And just to clarify for later purposes; the things about us that are part of the Divine design are the things that we cannot change about ourselves; weight then not being one of them.


The next intrapersonal love is Source-love.  And maybe you're asking, "What is Source-Love"?  Source-Love is simply God's Love!  God's Love is not only the basis for our self-love but it's the love that will hold everything together and that will continuously fill the cracks wherever you find them in your person (i.e. your mind, body, spirit, and emotions).  God's Love has no flaws.  This rich Love will sustain health in mind, body, spirit, and emotions.  So Source-Love is the sustaining love and self-Love is the relational love. 


The third intrapersonal love is Loving Emotions. Maintaining loving emotions is really about tending to your mind field.  Keeping your emotions vibrating on the right frequencies will create the right mental environment by which you are able to thrive.


(And I'll just go ahead and insert this here:  This area for me has been a real trial.  The loving emotions are there in spades but I find that I often make a lot of negative assumptions that undermine my loving emotions.  This is right now the area that I'm doing real work in and I've already found the stem of the issue.  I believe it's a residual effect of being verbally abused.  It has left me often thinking that I'm being criticized or ridiculed.  And certainly there are times that I am but I see where I sometimes mistake situations and ultimately I'm now working to develop myself to the point of not feeling the need to react to every emotional fluctuation as well as every poke someone gives.  And herein lies why I refer to myself as The "Emotional Life" Coach.  It's because of my ability to rewire my life.  It's really been my best work and although there will probably always be some tweaks still needing to be made, I am proud of my progress and my extreme honesty.)


So, continuing on the issue of loving emotions.  In order to keep cultivating loving emotions in our lives, we really must forge our way to forgiveness.  Forgiveness is the release of resentment and really hazardous emotions.  Ultimately we are born with an abundance of loving emotions but life happens.  Forgiveness is the process of filtering out the stuff left behind when "life happens" and getting back to the middle; getting back to the universal balance in our lives.  It's clearing the air in and around us so that we may thrive and continue to reach our potentials.

So there it is... The Ultimate Love Triangle!!

I hope that you find use for this information and for these principles.  I encourage you to go within that you may never go without.  The God in you awaits you!  Until our paths collide again,  I wish you.... Peace, Love, Life, and Harmony!


In Service,

NaTisha Renee Williams
The "Emotional Life" Coach







Comments