Overcome Self-Destruction!

It's very important to understand that the cycles of dysfunction and self-destruction are often born out of faulty foundations. Most people would say it's because of deep hurt why certain things take place...things like addictions. However, I would offer that it's the way we feel about the hurt and more often, it's what we think the person(s) who hurt us owes us that keeps us bounded. In the process of holding onto anger and awaiting an apology; we hurt ourselves.  We act out and as a result, we invite more pain into our lives.  In addition to that, I would pose the question, "What core idea or principle is holding your personal universe together?" or "What is the governing idea that you anchor your existence on?"

There were two main principles that I needed to become aware of in order to overcome my cycles of dysfunction and self-destruction. First I needed to know that I am not my body.  For a long time I carried an "all-used up" idea of myself due to the misuse of my body. I allowed myself to feel tarnished and unworthy. Certainly, I agree that the body is our home and it does hurt us when it is misused, robbed, or vandalized...however understanding that I was not the body gave me self-value that was sustainable.  This awareness forced me to see my intrinsic value and referred me back to my source.  Now my principle understanding is that I am living, breathing, purpose and my body is the vessel I need to function here on this earth plane.  Yes I must treasure it.  After all, if I destroy it, I will abort the mission.  I lose my ability to express and to present my purpose.  Still, I do not worship it and I know that its condition (whether young or ailing) is not the beginning or the end of me.  I am eternal life and in fact, I use this spiritual knowing to renew and repair my body.

Secondly, I learned that I am a perfect, whole, and complete idea that emanates from the mind of God; The Creator.  With that, everything shifted. That was the second principle that allowed me to break my destructive and dysfunctional pattern because it immediately healed my brokenness.  It meant that no matter how many times I fell; I would not be left broken.  So today and every day, I declare and acknowledge my wholeness because it is what I am and no thing or no one can change that.  This is the key to my power.  Knowing that I am whole and complete by birthright is POWER! 

So claim your power now! Don't place it in the hands of the law and don't place it in humankind. Understand that you were made with and for purpose and everything....as hard as it seems to comprehend is here to support that purpose. Make the decision to accept your wholeness and break free of self-destructive and dysfunctional cycles.


I encourage you to go within and discover your own personal truth.  Until our paths collide again, I wish you...


Peace, Love, Life, and Harmony,


NaTisha Renee
your Emotional Life Coach

Comments