Losing Weight is Really Losing the Baggage of Mediocrity


I have always said and I still believe weight loss to be about emotional baggage.  Yes at some point you must change your eating habits and your physical routines but if all you do is get about the business of losing weight with no regard to your emotions then you will find another habit to fill the gap.  Trading one addiction for another is never progress it's just a diversion.  Food for many of us is a companion; it's the thing we grab before we retire to our homes on a Friday night...  It fills the social gap and the void of sometimes not having someone to talk to.  It's a blanket of euphoria that keeps us soothed and warm until we again have to face our mirrors.  It's the cushion that breaks our fall every time we face failure, disappointment, or even a deadline.  But why?  What is it all about?  This is the question that has a laundry list of answers all unique to those who has posed it.  For me food is safe... it seldom disappoints!  It provides an escape...  It creates euphoria in my life that is usually otherwise absent.  And although I know it is only an enabler to the coward in me... I keep it around.  I keep it around and I thank it for creating a barrier between me and my baggage.. I thank it for being faithful and reliable.  I thank it for providing a reason why I can't be all I was made to be.. because just think... Think about what it would mean if I had no reason, no excuse not to be a light, a vessel.  What a scary world of expectation we would have to live in without our addictions and our reasons for thinking we're not good enough. 

 Epiphany: So the baggage we are all running from is not really hurt and pain.... Am I getting this correctly??  The TRUE BAGGAGE we keep avoiding is really GREATNESS!  Is this the bag sitting all alone waiting for us to leave that pile of mediocre.  And maybe it's not a great fear of greatness but a fear of living and loving without all the things we've grown so attached to.... all the things in that all consuming pile of mediocrity that provides us great and reliable shelter from the action GREATNESS requires.  Maybe its procrastination we refuse to part with..... Maybe it's our bad attitude... No!  Maybe its normal we're attached to!!  What about criticism..... Maybe it's the criticism we get when we step out of the crowd of normal and average that we just can't stomach. 


I know for me... this all rings true.  Mediocre has the allure of being a lighter load but what you don't realize until you've claimed it... is that it comes with so many arms..  So many arms pulling you in all different directions and within time will deplete you of your light...  It's become clear to me that MEDIOCRE is the ULTIMATE BAGGAGE waiting to be shed!  When we disengage with mediocrity and all that it comes with, we will see our bodies change, our skin change, our friends change, our careers change, our health change, our families change, our environments change, our present moment change.... and it will all be changing for the better!!

LET GO NOW....LET GO THE WEIGHT OF MEDIOCRITY! TAKE UP GREATNESS...AS BIG AND MENACING AS IT LOOKS...IT WHOLES THE DIVINE DESIGN OF YOUR LIFE!  BE GREAT AND BE IT NOW!!


Wishing you Peace, Love, Life, and Harmony,


NaTisha Renee
your Emotional Life Coach





Comments