Spellbound No More

For some of us, daily living is tied to an ongoing war of words.  It's a fight for life and space between old words spoken and new word seeds wanting to take root.  As we stand on a new and blank canvas we call 2016, we will have to make a final decision the break our ties with the spells of the past.  It's time to say goodbye to all the words that were used as spells to keep us spellbound to a life of mediocrity and scarcity.  The subconscious mind is always computing data.  It's always transmuting pictures into words and words into pictures.  Everything we out-frame or out-picture was first written on the disc of our minds with words; just as some word seeds are planted through visual stimulation. 

I remember growing up and having to fight to get on the school bus.  This wasn't specific to a particular day; this was no isolated incident; this was daily life.  Each morning and afternoon it was a push and a shove to simply go to school and get back to my side of town.  It wasn't a matter of wanting a particular seat or wanting to be first; it was a matter of getting to school or not.  There simply weren't enough seats or buses to accommodate the amount of students trying to attend school.  As a child, having to experience the idea of "not enough" on so many levels and in more ways than I will account here, you begin sometimes consciously but mostly unconsciously to write on the drive of your mind. Decades later, you find yourself fighting to maintain your basic needs and you ask yourself, "why?"  "Why is it that no matter how much I give or how much I work, I'm always fighting for my basic needs?"

Well, its time to clean up our mental pictures.  It's time to take a closer look at what these pictures have meant and how we've been keeping them on "autoplay".  I've understood the power of words and the hold they can have on you for quite some time; after all that's the story of my life, but I've not given full attention to my mental pictures and the captions they whole for me in mind.

This year my mission is to clean up my mental photo album.  Yes, I understand that I may not be able to remove the pictures that I have stored there, but surely I can re-caption them.  I can decide to label them differently and I can choose to capture new pictures that will serve to prove those old ones wrong.

One of the things that I've realized that happened when I internalized the ideas "there's not enough" and "I must fight to have my basic necessities met" is that I often rejected help and support; whether that came as a suggestion of a better way or as actual assistance.  I couldn't accept help because I needed to fight and struggle; I needed to push and shove and affirm my pictures; my mindset. 

But standing here at the onset of this new canvas year, I'm clear about not being determined to struggle.  I'm so giving up that fight.  I've fought enough. I'm giving myself permission to let go.  I will not be pushed or shoved in 2016 and I hope that you will decide not to be pushed and shoved as well.


Until our paths collide again, I wish you...


Peace, Love, Life, and Harmony


NaTisha Renee
your Emotional Life Coach




Comments